I recently invested in a bottle of almond oil in which the main recommendation of use was to make sugar cookies with it. I decided to try the savory route, mixing the sweeter oil with something bitter and delicious - b sprouts! I threw some delicata squash in the mix because, well, delicata plays well with others. The end result was a crispy, warming, nourishing vegetable dish. Hazelnut oil would also work magic. Any other alternative oils out there that people love?
Almond Oil Roasted Sprouts and Squash
1 lb Brussel Sprouts
1 medium size Delicata squash
3 tablespoons almond oil
1/4 cup roasted almonds, crushed
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean brussel sprouts, cutting off the ends and removing outer leaves.
- Wash delicata squash, half lengthwise and scoop out seeds, then slice into moon shapes.
- Mix brussel sprouts and squash together with almond oil and salt.
- Pour out on sheet pan and roast for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with roasted almonds and more sea salt, if desired.