I love pumpkin.
I love muffins.
I love coffee.
I love the combination of all of the above.
Why not put them all in a muffin?
Starbucks pumpkin cream cheese muffins are my arch nemisis. I can't resist them, but I usually don't go to Starbucks. The one time I've been in this fall I left with one of those muffins. So I made my muffins like theirs expect I infused the cream cheese with coffee for a "latte" filling.
Yeap, that's definitely a pumpkin latte and pumpkin cream cheese muffin all in one!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Latte Muffins
(makes 24 regular sized muffins or 12 large ones and batter left for a mega muffin)
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of pumpkin pie mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Cream Cheese filling
- 1 - 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee (I used Godiva's pumpkin coffee)
- 1 tsp coffee beans, ground
- Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Blend all ingredients for cream cheese filling together until smooth and place in a bowl and put in the freezer.
- Mix all crumb toppings together with a fork, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all muffin ingredients together until incorporated into a batter.
- Fill greased muffin tins half way with batter.
- Scoop out cold cream cheese in the middle of each battered tin, pressing down.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- *Thanks to foodbuzz and Godiva for sending me the coffee!