Clean Monday or Kathara Deftera has officially begun. I started off 200% bleeding-animal product free until 7pm when my roommate, Heather (who has decided to fast with me), and I went for dinner at a place called 50 Plates - specializing in one plate from each state. It was a one time thing and we had to order non-vegan. The remaining days will be pure in honor of Jesus's bleeding and all the positive impacts Greek Orthodoxy has made in my life.
I've compiled a list of my favorite Lenten recipes to celebrate. Καλή σαρακοστή!
- Asian Style Hummus
- Moroccan Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Marinated Sesame Tofu and Avocado Salad
- Pumpkin and Lentil Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Oven Roasted Tomatoes and Shallots
- Crab and Avocado Linguine with Scallion Vinaigrette (clearly not vegan but Lent approved)
- Chick Pea and Mint Salad
- Backyard Hortopita without Cheese
- Wild Greens Pie
- Greek Chocolate Chip Biscotti (Nistisima Paximadia)
- Vegan Chocolate Ganache